Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> on 2004/05/10 19:17:40 UTC

Form editor (Re: Lenya Menu with XUL)

> > Is the plain old html form editor working ok?
>
> yes, it's working very good. Take a look at the "oscom" or "blog"
> publication.

Sorry, but that is not true. These are the main open Bugzilla entries:

26577 [FormsEditor] One needs to click the edit icons twice
26959 [OSCOM] demo and/or Form Editor broken
27294 forms editor doesnt handle other ns in some circumstances
27473 form-editor usability enhancement proposition
28598 ClassCastException using forms editor to delete elements

Andreas

Re: Form editor (Re: Lenya Menu with XUL)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

>Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>>>26959 [OSCOM] demo and/or Form Editor broken
>>>

>>I have done a lot of improvements over the weekend, so maybe somebody
>>can cross-check that
>>

>>>27294 forms editor doesnt handle other ns in some circumstances
>>>

>>I have done a  fix re the namespaces and hope the problems have gone.
>>Please cross-check as well
>>

>[...]
>

>>>28598 ClassCastException using forms editor to delete elements
>>>

>>I need to check that, but I don't think it has anything to do with the
>>form editor itself, but rather with this specific doctype resp. XSLT,
>>but I will check it.

ok, I checked it, but didn't encounter a bug. I set it to WORKSFORME

>This is all great but not required for the release of 1.4. All the bugs related
>to the Form Editor are currently scheduled for 1.4.
>
>The first priority now should be to release 1.2 !

agreed. As you might have seen I fixed some issues within building
distrs and snapshots. I also would like to add the Jetty setup within
the binary snapshot, such that people can download it and basically start
Lenya without any further setup.

Michi

>Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: Form editor (Re: Lenya Menu with XUL)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Alex McLintock wrote:

> Is there anything I should read to help with testing the 1.2 release
> candidate? Yesterday I downloaded cocoon-lenya-latest-bin.exe which I
> *hope* to get working on a Windows 98 laptop. (some chance!)

I think we should do another release candidate 1.2rc4 where the naming
convention applies to the incubator rules, etc.

It would be great if you could test then this new version thouroughly.

Thanks

Michi

> Alex

Michael Wechner

Testing (Re: Form editor (Re: Lenya Menu with XUL))

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Alex McLintock wrote:

> Is there anything I should read to help with testing the 1.2 release
> candidate?

Test plans etc.? No, there is not much available at the moment.

One suggestion is to do some regression testing. You could have a look at bugs
which were resolved a while ago and find out if they did not creep in again. Add
brief comments to the Bugzilla entries containing the version tested and the
result of the test.

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@owal.co.uk>.
>Michael Wechner wrote:
><lots of bug fixes on form editing>
>

>Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>This is all great but not required for the release of 1.4. All the bugs related
>to the Form Editor are currently scheduled for 1.4.
>
>The first priority now should be to release 1.2 !

Sorry. My fault. I mentioned it as a priority for me.
You are right - getting the release tested, documented, and out the door
is the priority.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> >26959 [OSCOM] demo and/or Form Editor broken
>
> I have done a lot of improvements over the weekend, so maybe somebody
> can cross-check that
>
> >27294 forms editor doesnt handle other ns in some circumstances
>
> I have done a  fix re the namespaces and hope the problems have gone.
> Please cross-check as well

[...]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

>>>Is the plain old html form editor working ok?
>>>

>>yes, it's working very good. Take a look at the "oscom" or "blog"
>>publication.
>>

>Sorry, but that is not true.

well, it works very good for me ;-)

> These are the main open Bugzilla entries:
>
>26577 [FormsEditor] One needs to click the edit icons twice

I think this problem still exists

>26959 [OSCOM] demo and/or Form Editor broken

I have done a lot of improvements over the weekend, so maybe somebody
can cross-check that

>27294 forms editor doesnt handle other ns in some circumstances

I have done a  fix re the namespaces and hope the problems have gone.
Please cross-check as well

>27473 form-editor usability enhancement proposition

no bug ;-)

>28598 ClassCastException using forms editor to delete elements

I need to check that, but I don't think it has anything to do with the
form editor itself, but rather with this specific doctype resp. XSLT,
but I will check it.

Michi

>Andreas

Michael Wechner