Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by William Colen <co...@apache.org> on 2015/05/23 05:34:03 UTC

OpenNLP 1.6.0 RC 4 ready for testing

Our fourth release candidate is ready for testing. RC 3 failed in the
compatibility, regression and performance tests, which are fixed in RC 4.

The RC 4 can be downloaded from here:
http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.6.0/rc4/

To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or
opennlp-uima to 1.6.0 and add the following URL to your settings.xml file:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-1003

The current test plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/TestPlan1.6.0

Please sign up for tasks in the test plan.

The release plan can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/ReleasePlanAndTasks1.6.0

The release contains quite some changes, please refer to the contained
issue list for details.

For your convenience, a copy of the issue list, as well as the release
notes and the readme, can be found in the following link:

http://people.apache.org/~colen/releases/opennlp-1.6.0/rc4/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Thank you,
William

Re: OpenNLP 1.6.0 RC 4 ready for testing

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.
Hello,

I tested the pos tagger, namefinder and constituent parser in my
projects and no problems reported.

I am not aware of any issues left for next RC.

Cheers,

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 29.05.2015, at 17:49, Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone else please download RC 4 and give it a try with your projects.
> We are happy about every bug we can avoid shipping.

I locally and briefly tested DKPro Core against the OpenNLP RC 4 and
hit no issues. Some API has changed compared to the last version, but
nothing that could not be worked around easily.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: OpenNLP 1.6.0 RC 4 ready for testing

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Colen <co...@apache.org>.
Yes, the sentence detector does not match, but it is such a small change
that I would not even investigate.
It is an empty line that used to be included in the 1.5.3 output, but it is
not included in 1.6.0 anymore:

*Output in 1.5.3:*
[image: Imagem inline 1]

*Output in 1.6.0:*
[image: Imagem inline 3]

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by František Hartman <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

thanks for quick response.

By release I meant "upload release candidate into public maven repository",
not actually releasing final version.

Sorry for my misunderstanding the purpose of your release candidate.
Generally in context of other open source projects (some Apache included)
RC (or any other label like alpha, beta, milestone) = public beta. And they
publish the artifacts properly labelled as such, some examples:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.httpcomponents%7Chttpclient%7C4.4-alpha1%7Cjar
http://repo.springsource.org/milestone/org/springframework/spring-core/4.2.0.RC1/

Would be great if opennlp did the same.

Cheers,