Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/25 10:29:10 UTC

A wierd problem when deploying applications to Geronimo on Lotus Foundation

Lotus Foundation(LF) is a customized linux OS.  We met a wierd problem when
deploying applications to a running Geronimo on LF.

The deploy process is not successful and never return.   I remote debug to
it and found that it's caused by some native code execution when doing the
JLine UnixTerminal init.   Seems LF does not support some native code used
in UnixTerminal.

To resolve this problem,  We have to set a system property in JAVA_OPTS

*-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal*

to force the JLine use UnsupportedTerminal instead of UnixTerminal.  I'm
sending this mail to log it in case someone else might meet similar problems
on other platforms,

--
Shawn

Re: A wierd problem when deploying applications to Geronimo on Lotus Foundation

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
I notice the terminal echo problem after running some geronimo shell scripts
with exceptions happen.

So far, I don't figure out why it happens. Will keep an eye on it later.

Forrest

Re: A wierd problem when deploying applications to Geronimo on Lotus Foundation

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Are you writing the service script by yourself or using the Service Register
script in Geronimo ?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/underlay/bin/gserviceReg.sh

I never met the problem you described with the service registered by
gserviceReg.sh

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.