Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chinh Do <CD...@Lumenos.com> on 2009/11/11 17:31:26 UTC

WebSphere 7 org.apache.axis2 debug logging

Hello all:

I am trying to diagnose a NullPointerException (see trace below) from
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.impl.DescriptionFactoryImpl.createSer
viceDescription. This problem only occurs on a specific node. I
downloaded the axis2 source code from
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download.cgi and I can see that the
createServiceDescription method write several debug log entries. What I
can't seem to figure out is how to get these entries to show up some
where.

How do I turn on axi2 debug logging?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chinh

Exception Trace:

at
jaxws.description.impl.DescriptionFactoryImpl.createServiceDescription(D
escriptionFactoryImpl.java:102)
at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.impl.DescriptionFactoryImpl.createSer
viceDescription(DescriptionFactoryImpl.java:79)
at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescr
iption(DescriptionFactory.java:76)
at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.spi.ServiceDelegate.<init>(ServiceDelegate.java:2
11)
at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.spi.Provider.createServiceDelegate(Provider.java:
59)
at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:67)
at javax.xml.ws.Service.create(Service.java:691)
at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.LocalJaxWsServiceFactory.createJaxWsS
ervice(LocalJaxWsServiceFactory.java:134)
at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.prepare(Ja
xWsPortClientInterceptor.java:288)
at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.afterPrope
rtiesSet(JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.java:278)
at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean.afterProper
tiesSet(JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean.java:49)

IMPORTANT WARNING:
This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this information in an unauthorized manner is strictly prohibited. Sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender.

RE: WebSphere 7 org.apache.axis2 debug logging

Posted by Chinh Do <CD...@Lumenos.com>.
Upul:

Thanks for the info!

I did read that WebSphere itself uses commons logging. I looked around in WebSphere Admin Console and there is a "Change log detail levels" page where you can set the log detail levels for various components. "org.apache.axis.*" is one of the listed components. I tried setting the Log Detail Level of that component to "all" but I didn't see anything new in WebSphere's SystemOut.log. I also tried to set "All Components" to "all" and I saw a lot more info in SystemOut.log but I still didn't see anything that looked like it came from org.apache.axis.

Some more info on my setup... I am using org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean to call the remote web service. The axis2 JARs are bundled with WebSphere 7 (/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/plugins/org.apache.axis2.jar) so I don't think I am using the "war file".

Chinh

Axis2 uses commons logging with log4j indirectly. If you're using the
war file then 2 configuration files are in the WEB-INF/classes. You
can try changing the log4j level to debug for a specific packages.
It's possible that websphere logging could be interfering with these
files or logging location.
Websphere entries here could be helpful
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

http://upulgodage.com