Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kyle Adams <ka...@gfs.com> on 2005/04/04 21:02:15 UTC

Ant's "find" Equivalent

We have a template build.xml that gets used across multiple projects, though unfortunately not through <import> (it predates Ant 1.6 and is literally an XSL template).  Consequently there is no way to override behavior; everything needs to be generic enough to handle edge cases.

One of those edge cases is projects that only contain property files; for these projects we don't want to run the javadocs target.

I'd like to be able to set a property based on a condition that recursively searches for *.java files (much the way a "find ./src -name *.java" would) and then use <target ... unless="${src.found}"> to control execution of the javadocs target.  That said, I'm not coming up with any good ways to do this in Ant.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162