Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/12/02 03:22:03 UTC

Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org

Both Andrew and Ben bring up some good points....

It would appear to me that "this hardware company" stands
to benefit much more than the group will be benefiting from
using their hardware.

Perhaps they would also be willing to pay the group a monthly
fee to run this advertisement so that we could seriously look
at incorporation, etc...

I don't think there is any shortage of hardware among the
group. What we really need is some cash.

Either way, "don't look a gift CPU in the cache"

Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org

Posted by "David M. Oliver" <da...@newshare.com>.
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Perhaps they would also be willing to pay the group a monthly
> fee to run this advertisement so that we could seriously look
> at incorporation, etc...
>
> I don't think there is any shortage of hardware among the
> group. What we really need is some cash.

	I've had off-list discussions with several of the list
	members on the issue of incorporation and the costs thereof.
	My company has offered to pay these costs for Apache. I'm not
	sure if that offer reached the wider group or not, but since
	this discussion of a hardware gift is "in the open", allow me
	to make my offer again, "publicly".

	I welcome private posts on this matter, and I will continue
	to monitor the list for your thoughts.

Dave Oliver
| David Oliver                                   dave@newshare.com |
| Managing Director-Technology                Newshare Corporation |

Re: sponsorship of www.apache.org

Posted by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>.

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Both Andrew and Ben bring up some good points....
>
> It would appear to me that "this hardware company" stands
> to benefit much more than the group will be benefiting from
> using their hardware.
>
> Perhaps they would also be willing to pay the group a monthly
> fee to run this advertisement so that we could seriously look
> at incorporation, etc...

I don't think this could be worked into the deal without more than
just a logo on the page.  Part of this is a favor to get a good machine
with disk space for Brian.  I should say we were not approched by this
company, nor did we approch the company.  It was just something that came
up in conversation.

There are other opportunities that may come up in the near future for at
least a little fun and travel.  If this develops, small chance but it
may, I'll drop a note here.

Cliff