Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by "Michael A. Smith" <mi...@smith-li.com> on 2019/10/21 23:58:34 UTC

Autolink to JIRA from GitHub

The webpage at https://avro.apache.org/version_control.html says

> The Avro community welcomes pull requests, but please create an issue in Avro's issue tracker for your bug report or contribution as well.

Then in our PR template we request that folks link back to Jira.

GitHub recently added a feature, custom autolink references
(https://github.blog/2019-10-14-introducing-autolink-references/) that
will make that much easier for contributors by automatically creating
the link given a simple ticket prefix. Is this something an Avro
committer can accomplish, or would it need to go through Apache's
infrastructure team first?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Autolink to JIRA from GitHub

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks great to have this on the project.
After looking in the INFRA Jira, I found the following:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19271

It looks like they are trying to configure the autolink. My
suggestion would be to follow that ticket, and see what comes out of it.

Cheers, Fokko