Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 08:29:46 UTC

Version 3.5 or is it 4.0 ??

Howdy,

Sorry, if this is old stuff - I don't really see an answer in the mail
archive (not saying it isn't there).

This is kind of in response to Shenfeng Liu's response, which I just read,
on the thread deailing the top 10 questions blog. He wrote:
How about this for question 8?

Q: 8. "When is OpenOffice going to get a visual refresh and be built with
each OSes native widgets?"
A: Visual refresh is part of our continuous effort on user experience
improvement. It is a challenge work to innovate with modern UI vs. support
gradual transformation of huge amount of existing users, leverage OSes
native widgets vs. keep consistent L&F across platforms. Our UX designers
and developers are working together on it, and you will notice some
improvements in 4.0 which is coming around 2nd quarter. The more feedback
we get from you, the better design we can make.

 --- so my question.

I've downloaded the 3.5 daily build, Linux and Windows.
Is this what is going to be the 4.0 release?

Thanks,

drew

Re: Version 3.5 or is it 4.0 ??

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/4/13 8:48 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Also, on the accessibility updates, I noted on the wiki page some dates.
>
> Looks like preliminary updates are in the current build as of Oct, but
> first useful updates not till next month, and full merge middle of the year
> - so is that the same basic timing before the UI changes will show up in
> the nightly builds also, early February?

accessibility is special because it is a lot of work, it simply takes time.

Probably snapshots with some basic sidebars will be available in early
February yes, we are making good progress with the framework. It's still
some work to do ;-)

Juergen

Re: Version 3.5 or is it 4.0 ??

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liu,

Thanks, there is no need, from me, for Steve to take time for more details
- the wiki and the mail here covered it for me.

Still plenty of stuff to read, in place, to catch up from the last couple
of months.

Thanks

Drew

Re: Version 3.5 or is it 4.0 ??