Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Richa <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 12:19:30 UTC

hello

Hi ,iam a new user to jackrabbit 2.0.0. while creating and starting the
repository iam facing a lot of problems.
The technologies iam using are:-
>>apache tomcat 6.0.24
>>jackrabbit 2.0.0 war file
>>operating system:linux mandriva 2006

Now these are the steps iam following while trying to start the repository
in jackrabbit:-
1)what i did was, i installed the tomcat 6.0.24 tar file and made the
tomatcat server run without any problem.
2)Then i downloaded the jackrabbit 2.0.0. war file in the webapps directory
of the tomcat, and also downloaded the jcr1.0.jar file in the WEB-INF/lib of
the jackrabbit 2.0.0 ,which is lying in the webapps directory of the tomcat
6.0.24.
3)then i shutdown the server and started it again.the server starts running
,but when i try runnig the repository giving this address
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0.0/ in my url i get the first
page of create repository, but iam getting the error written below
4) as i told u above that iam getting the first page and when i create a
repository of a name say “jackrabbit”
i get this error:-
exception-
root cause-
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jcr/Binary

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initRepositoryDescriptors(RepositoryImpl.java:1271)

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:328)

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:673)

org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.createRepository(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:439)

org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.initRepository(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:407)

org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.startup(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:238)

org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.restart(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:275)

org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.doPost(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:694)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

ERROR(these are the errors iam getting in my konsole):-
  RepositoryStartupServlet: Repository startup configu
ration is not valid but a bootstrap config is specified.
RepositoryStartupServlet: Either create the jackrabb
it/bootstrap.properties file.
RepositoryStartupServlet: use the '/config/index.jsp
' for easy configuration.
RepositoryStartupServlet: RepositoryStartupServlet i
nitializing failed: javax.servlet.ServletException
javax.servlet.ServletException: Repository startup configuration is not
valid.

also iam getting this error in my konsole after making the repository-
RepositoryAccessServlet: Error while retrieving repository using JNDI
(name=jackrabbit.repository
RepositoryAccessServlet: Error while retrieving repository using RMI:
//localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository.
WHAT IS TO BE DONE??
PLEASE HELP!!!
richa sharma
(richasharma048@gmail.com)

Re: hello

Posted by Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/javax/jcr/jcr/2.0/

Re: hello

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Richa <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanx rakesh for the imformation..but iam really not able to find jcr-2.0.jar
> anywhere on internet,can u suggest some link from where i can download this
> jar file..

Maven is your friends :)
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/javax/jcr/jcr/2.0/

-Guo

Re: hello

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
On 25 Feb 2010, at 22:44, Richa wrote:

> thanx rakesh for the imformation..but iam really not able to find jcr-2.0.jar
> anywhere on internet,can u suggest some link from where i can download this
> jar file..

You should find it with the JackRabbit 2.0 web app bundle.

Rakesh

Re: hello

Re: hello

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
On 25 Feb 2010, at 05:19, Richa wrote:

> Hi ,iam a new user to jackrabbit 2.0.0. while creating and starting the
> repository iam facing a lot of problems.
> The technologies iam using are:-
>>> apache tomcat 6.0.24
>>> jackrabbit 2.0.0 war file
>>> operating system:linux mandriva 2006
>
> Now these are the steps iam following while trying to start the repository
> in jackrabbit:-
> 1)what i did was, i installed the tomcat 6.0.24 tar file and made the
> tomatcat server run without any problem.
> 2)Then i downloaded the jackrabbit 2.0.0. war file in the webapps directory
> of the tomcat, and also downloaded the jcr1.0.jar file in the WEB-INF/lib of
> the jackrabbit 2.0.0 ,which is lying in the webapps directory of the tomcat
> 6.0.24.
> 3)then i shutdown the server and started it again.the server starts running
> ,but when i try runnig the repository giving this address
> http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0.0/ in my url i get the first
> page of create repository, but iam getting the error written below
> 4) as i told u above that iam getting the first page and when i create a
> repository of a name say “jackrabbit”
> i get this error:-
> exception-
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
> root cause-
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jcr/Binary

You need JCR 2.0 jar file not 1.0.  JackRabbit 2.x is for JCR 2.

Rakesh