Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/12/20 20:50:51 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.18.0 (release candidate 2)

Thanks to everyone who has tested the release candidate and given
their comments and votes[1].

The tally is as follows.

6 binding +1s:
Francis, Jesus, Julian, Kevin, Michael, Volodymyr

4 non-binding +1s:
Andrei, Enrico, Sergey, Stamatis

No 0s or -1s.

Therefore I am delighted to announce that the proposal to release
Apache Calcite 1.18.0 has passed.

Thanks everyone. We’ll now roll the release out to the mirrors.

Julian

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c852a7469066683a61da0e6e0363fdbc25d52e25b15372f4929a53e2@%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.18.0 (release candidate 2)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
12 noon Friday has passed, and I declare the vote officially closed.
Thankfully there have been no more votes since I sent the previous
result.

In the vote email, I mis-reported the hash of the commit that the
release is based upon. The correct commit hash of the release is
27d883983e76691f9294e5edd9e264b978dfa7e9, which corresponds to the
"prepare release" commit generated by maven-release-plugin:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/27d883983e76691f9294e5edd9e264b978dfa7e9.
In the vote email, I used the preceding commit.

I don't think anyone was confused by this, and the artifacts that
people voted on were based on the correct commit. The vote result
stands.

I will send an announcement shortly.

Julian

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.