Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jean-Pierre Bergamin <ja...@ractive.ch> on 2011/07/04 23:29:46 UTC

m2eclipse only sets the java facet sometimes

Hello maven users

We are currently using Spring Source Tool Suite 2.7.0.M02 that comes
with m2eclipse 0.12. When our projects are initially imported into
eclipse as "Import > Existing Maven Projects", some of the projects get
a java facet and some not. And I really have no clue, why some projects
are correctly recognized as java projects and their java facet gets set
- and why others have no facet set.

Any ideas how to let m2eclipse set the java facet in all cases?

Best regards,
James

RE: m2eclipse only sets the java facet sometimes

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
James-
is this the functionality
adding
<extension point="org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets">
</extension>
to eclipse plugin.xml
?
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-BuildingProjectFacets/tutorial.html#creating.basic.facets

Martin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> We are currently using Spring Source Tool Suite 2.7.0.M02 that comes with
> m2eclipse 0.12. When our projects are initially imported into eclipse as

m2eclipse is an independent project and has its own set of lists
(user, dev, etc). Questions such as this should be sent there.

Wayne