Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 09:19:46 UTC

Home for FlexJS TLF

I will likely be donating the TLF code migrated to FlexJS soon.

First of all, I’d like to set expectations:
1. It will be non-functional at first.
2. Even when it will be functional, it will require a text engine to drive. I’m trying to put together a basic text engine, but it will be very basic.
3. Even once TLF is functional, it will probably not support all the features without a more advanced engine that I’m probably not donating.

My question is where to put it. The original TLF had its own repo — I believe because it did not rely on Flex. My TLF port WILL rely on Core of FlexJS. I’m thinking that TLF can simply be its own project within flex-asjs. I would create two new projects: Text (for the engine), and TLF.

Any objections? Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Harbs