Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hofmann, Benjamin" <Be...@oneok.com> on 2004/07/16 16:07:14 UTC

How to set JVM Max Memory

I have several sites running on Tomcat 5.0.19 and I only have one
problem.  A couple of the sites keep running out of memory during peak
traffic times.  It looks like the Tomcat server JVM is set to a default
of 128M and I would like to increase that.  My box has plenty of memory
available and I would like to use it.

How do I set the JVM Max Memory?

Thanks,

Ben

Re: How to set JVM Max Memory

Posted by "Daniel J. Obregon" <da...@mail.obregon.us>.
Add one or both of the following to your start up scripts as
java command line options:

-mx1024M (or -Xmx1024M) to set the max to 1024 Mb
-ms256M  (or -Xms256M)  to set the min to 256 Mb

in my startup script I use this line:

setenv JAVA_OPTS "-ms256M -mx1024M -Djava.awt.headless=true"

- Dan Obregon -