Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by akasbi <wi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/31 10:31:13 UTC

James on Mac Sierra

Hi,

I can't start/run the james-2.3.2.1 on Mac Sierra.

When I run: ./run.sh I get the following:
Using PHOENIX_HOME:   /Users/name/Dev/james-2.3.2.1
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: /Users/name/Dev/james-2.3.2.1/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home
Running Phoenix:

Phoenix 4.2

James Mail Server 2.3.2.1
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named "pop3server" failed to pass through the Starting stage.
(Reason: java.net.BindException: Permission denied (Bind failed)).

and when I run: sudo ./run.sh I get:

ERROR: JAVA_HOME not found in your environment.

Please, set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of the Java Virtual Machine you want to use.

but I do have the JAVA_HOME set.

In terminal: $JAVA_HOME gives me:
-bash: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home: is
a directory

which is correct.

Any ideas pls. what could be the reason.

Thanks

Re: James on Mac Sierra

Posted by akasbi <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Resolved... the solution was to set the JAVA_HOME Environment Variable for
Sudo. and this was done on: /etc/sudoers. I used 'vi' to edit the file via
terminal.

sudo visudo

and then adding the following line after the Default settings for
Environment Variables:

Defaults        env_keep += "JAVA_HOME"

That's all. To Check if the JAVA_HOME Environment Variable has been set
correctly for sudo, I just typed this command in the terminal.

sudo printenv

Thanks!

Re: James on Mac Sierra

Posted by Pietro Romanazzi <p....@innova.puglia.it>.