Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> on 2005/12/30 16:38:09 UTC

M2 jdk 1.5 suggestion

A quick suggestion for Maven...

It would be nice if the pom (or top level pom in a multi-project project)
could contain a single element like:
<javaLevel>1.5</javaLevel> <!-- default is 1.3 -->
or similar that configures the java level for the project.   All the
plugins that need that information could then use that information as the
default.   I've discovered I've had to configure that information in
several places.  Compiler plugin, clover plugin, pmd plugin, etc...  and
each place is different on how it needs to be configured.   It would be
nice to just specify it once and be done with it.   Would make the poms
smaller as I wouldn't need configuration for each plugin that needs the
jdk level.

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: M2 jdk 1.5 suggestion

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yet another 2.1 feature (sorry, I know I've been promising all this
stuff in the next version a lot recently!)

I've added a description and page for discussion:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Applying+toolchain+across+plugins

Maybe some of the items on that page need JIRA references or better
descriptions so that it is clearer where we are heading?

Cheers,
Brett