Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Morten A. Iversen" <mo...@mnemonic.no.INVALID> on 2019/06/29 12:35:57 UTC

Difficulties after nodetool removenode

Hi,

We had a hardware issue with one node in a Cassandra cluster and had to use the "nodetool removenode UUID" command from a different node. This seems to be running fine, but one node was restarted after the "nodetool removenode" command was run, and now it seems all streams going from that node have stopped.

On most nodes I can see both "Receiving X files, Y bytes total. Already received Z files, Q bytes total" and "Sending X files, Y bytes total. Already sent Z files, Q bytes total" messages when running nodetool netstats.

Nodes are starting to complete this process, but for the node that was restarted after the "nodetool removenode" command I can only see the "receiving" messages, and on the other nodes the progress from that node seems to have stopped. Is there some way to restart the process on only the node that was restarted?

Regards

Morten Iversen

Re: Difficulties after nodetool removenode

Posted by Jay Zhuang <jz...@apache.org>.
Hi Morten, it might be a bug, which C* version are you using? To guarantee
consistency, it's recommended to run repair on all nodes after removeNode
(for NetworkTopologyStrategy, it could be all nodes in that specific
datacenter).

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hello,