Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Boeringa, Michael" <UC...@exchng1.shsu.edu> on 2001/02/22 16:17:49 UTC

Apache::ASP Troubles

I recently installed and confiugured Linux-Mandrake 7.2 on my machine. I was
trying to get Apache up and running and found that Mandrake 7.2 runs two
versions of Apache 1.3.14 - the regular httpd Daemon (p80) and a httpd-perl
Daemon (p8007) that is set up in httpd.conf to proxy all cgi-scripts to the
httpd-perl daemon runing on port 8007. My problem is that when I try to add
the <Directory> structure or and <Files> structures to set up the
Apache::ASP in the httpd.conf file it does not understand the PerlHandler
directive. I took out the <Directory> structure and placed it into the
httpd-perl.conf but when I type the URL of the ASP demos on the web server
all it does is print the source on the screen. I cannot get the webserver to
process the ASP. Please help!

Thanks,
Mike Boeringa

Re: Apache::ASP Troubles

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
"Boeringa, Michael" wrote:

> I recently installed and confiugured Linux-Mandrake 7.2 on my machine. I was
> trying to get Apache up and running and found that Mandrake 7.2 runs two
> versions of Apache 1.3.14 - the regular httpd Daemon (p80) and a httpd-perl
> Daemon (p8007) that is set up in httpd.conf to proxy all cgi-scripts to the
> httpd-perl daemon runing on port 8007. My problem is that when I try to add
> the <Directory> structure or and <Files> structures to set up the
> Apache::ASP in the httpd.conf file it does not understand the PerlHandler
> directive. I took out the <Directory> structure and placed it into the
>
> httpd-perl.conf but when I type the URL of the ASP demos on the web server
> all it does is print the source on the screen. I cannot get the webserver to
> process the ASP. Please help!

Try doing what's suggested at http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

Its a matter of telling Apache which files to let Apache::ASP
handle.  The above link suggests you can start with letting
the ./site/eg/.htaccess activate the example files.

-- Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA