Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Piyush Rai <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/28 02:50:48 UTC

Saving JSVGCanvas images

Hi,
How can one get the image buffer currently being shown on JSVGCanvas? I need to save it as jpg/png OR send it to another application. Is there any method that returns the image buffer??
--Piyush.

Re: NullPointerException while setting attributes

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Piyush,

    I think the problem is that the SVG attributes are in
the 'null' namespace not the SVG namespace (this is confusing
because the elements must be in the SVG namespace):

path[i].setAttributeNS(svgNS, "stroke",
     namedNodes.getNamedItemNS(svgNS,"stroke").getNodeValue());

    getNamedItemNS in this case is likely returning null.
    Also as you might guess setting the 'svg:stroke"
attribute is not likely to have any effect on the display.

Re: Saving JSVGCanvas images

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,
> How can one get the image buffer currently being shown on JSVGCanvas?
> I need to save it as jpg/png OR send it to another application. Is
> there any method that returns the image buffer??

I think what you want is JSVGCanvas.getOffScreen(); it return
BufferedImage

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--