Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com> on 1995/12/28 19:24:00 UTC

Re: (fwd) Apache 1.0, UnixWare and Orphans

Ack sent. This is different from (and in addition to) what I reported
earlier, from the sound of it. I wish I had a system I could test/fix
this on. This was forwarded to me from, I think, the comp.os.unixware
newsgroup.

Peter Baker liltingly intones:

> I am running UnixWare 2.0 and Apache 1.0.
>
> > I had just compiled the latest version and everything seemed great!
> >
> > Then I noticed that some of my Virtual sites were not responding.  So I
> > tried to stop the server but it would not.  It looked like the parent
> > process was killed but the child proccess were left running.
> >
> > I tried everything I know (that is kill -9 PID) and nothing worked.  So I
> > had to restart and use the old server 8.14.
> >
> > The only thing out of the ordinary I have done is compiled with the -Ki486
> > command.  This was done on all other versions and did not seem to cause
> > any problems.
> >
> > The other thing I did notice is when the Parent process was running, a new
> > connection would cause a new child.  The connection at the other end would
> > have send the request, but would never get a response.
> >
> > The virtual hosts are running as loop back addresses.
> >

> > Any one have any ideas on this one??
> >
> > =-Peter Baker-=

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Be a better psychiatrist and the world will beat a psychopath to your
door.