Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2018/08/13 05:30:01 UTC

[ANN] Apache Isis version 2.0.0-M1 Released

The Apache Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis
v2.0.0-M1.

This is the first of several milestone releases towards a final v2.0.0
release.  We are taking this approach because v2.0.0 breaks backward
compatibility with previous releases: in particular, deprecated domain
services and annotations have been removed.

New features in this 2.0.0-M1 release include:

* meta-annotations
* DataNucleus 5.1 support (= JDO 3.2 API)
* breadcrumbs panel
* much improved support for running within JEE containers
* skinny wars support

The release also includes some substantial updates to dependencies: this
release now requires Java 8, and supports DataNucleus 5.1 (though
DataNucleus 4.1 is still supported through a new plugin architecture).  It
also upgrades Wicket (for the Wicket viewer) to v8.0, and RestEasy (for the
Restful Objects viewer) to either RestEasy 3 or 4 (again, through the new
plugin architecture).

Until v2.0.0 is released, the current v1.16.2 release remains the version
recommended for production usage, and the "current" documentation for the
website still relates to v1.16.2.  However, updated guides for 2.0.0-M1 can
be found at [1].  Please note that this documentation is still in the
process of being updated.  Release notes are available on the Apache Isis
website at [2].  Do also read the migration notes [3].

You can also access this release directly from the Maven central repo [4],
or use the archetypes documented on the website [5].  Alternatively,
download the release and build it from source [6].

Enjoy!

--The Apache Isis team

[1] http://isis.apache.org/versions/2.0.0-M1/documentation.html
[2]
http://isis.apache.org/release-notes/release-notes.html#_release-notes_2.0.0-M1
[3]
http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes/migration-notes.html#_migration-notes_1.16.0-to-2.0.0-M1
[4] http://search.maven.org
[5] http://isis.apache.org/index.html
[6] http://isis.apache.org/downloads.html
--
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is from Haywood Associates Ltd (Registered Number
3525455) and it and its attachments may be confidential and are intended

Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 2.0.0-M1 Released

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
This is great news!

Thank you Dan and Andi for your significant effort to make this release
happen!

These changes were discussed in our Amsterdam users' meeting, and it is
encouraging to see how user comments have guided the evolution of Apache
Isis.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Meyer
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Vice President Apache Isis (https://isis.apache.org)
The Apache Software Foundation

Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 2.0.0-M1 Released

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
This is great news!