Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> on 2003/12/07 18:15:42 UTC

Relative Path Grist (An FAQ I'm sure.)

Sorry to bother you with this but...

Is there an InputModule that will give me the path I need to to find
the root of the cocoon context? (If BaseLink is what I need, then
the documentation for BaseLink is not very helpful.) I've got a site
map that has a pipeline that matches say a/b/c.html as **/*.html.
I'd like to let my stylesheet know that it can use ../../ to go back up.

I can do this in xslt I think, or I could create a pipeline for
*/*.html and one for */*/*.html and so on. Suggestions? Thank you.

--
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu - javi@ajgdg.com

Re: Relative Path Grist (An FAQ I'm sure.)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu wrote:

> Sorry to bother you with this but...
>
> Is there an InputModule that will give me the path I need to to find
> the root of the cocoon context? (If BaseLink is what I need, then
> the documentation for BaseLink is not very helpful.) I've got a site
> map that has a pipeline that matches say a/b/c.html as **/*.html.
> I'd like to let my stylesheet know that it can use ../../ to go back up.
>
> I can do this in xslt I think, or I could create a pipeline for
> */*.html and one for */*/*.html and so on. Suggestions? Thank you.

We (the Lenya community) recently discussed to write a
Lenya-specific InputModule for this purpose. But it could
really make sense to make it generic, e.g.,

     {path-to-context:{1}/{2}.html}

But this would require that sitemap parameters are expanded
inside input module calls (I don't know if this works).

Another possibility would be

     {path-to-context:sitemap}

which would compute the relative path based on the
current sitemap URI (the URI as processed by the current
sitemap).

-- Andreas