Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Boudreau <Er...@openpages.com> on 2002/03/01 01:21:24 UTC

Tiles not working, I'm using a recent nightly build.

I'm starting to integrate Tiles into an application that has been built with
Struts. I built a simple test page but it won't display in the browser. I'm
not getting any exceptions or useful diagnostic info.

I've tried the following nightly builds:
20020205
20020228

Running on Weblogic 6.1

Browser error message:

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

Weblogic output:

28 Feb 2002 12:50:49,899
INFO   on
 Delegating via forward to 'task.current.page'
[ExecuteThread: '13' for queue: 'default'](Log4JCategoryLog.java:148)

struts config snippet:

    <!-- Test Tiles -->
    <action    path="/testtiles"
            forward="task.current.page">
    </action>

Tiles config:

<component-definitions>

  <!--===== Base Pages ====-->

  <!-- Basic Layout: for plain pages without menu  -->
  <definition name="mainLayout" path="/layout/mainLayout.jsp">
    <put name="header" value="/includes/logo.inc"/>
    <put name="footer" value="/includes/footer.inc"/>
    <put name="menu" value=""/>
    <put name="breadcrumb" value=""/>
    <put name="body" value=""/>
  </definition>

  <!-- Menu Layout: for pages with menu  -->
  <definition name="menuLayout" extends="mainLayout">
    <put name="menu" value="/includes/left_nav.jsp"/>
  </definition>

  <!--==== Task Pages ====-->

  <!-- Current Task List -->
  <definition name="task.current.page" extends="menuLayout">
    <put name="title" value="Current Tasks"/>
  </definition>

</component-definitions>

Any clues?

Should I be using a different nightly build?

Thanks.
-Eric

Re: Tiles not working, I'm using a recent nightly build.

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Have you try the struts-tiles.war or tiles-doc.war example ? Does it run for
you ?

  To use Tiles with the latest nightly builds, you should specify appropriate
RequestController in the struts-config.xml file. Check the syntax in the
struts-config.xml file coming with the example.

  Also, you can start with the tiles-blank-struts1.1.war file coming with the
Tiles distribution from Tiles main site. Sources of this war file are also
available if you download Struts sources.

    Cedric