Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> on 2007/11/13 17:01:15 UTC

Wicket Meetup AMSTERDAM in 2 weeks!

Hi all,

Here's a reminder that the Amsterdam Meetup is in slightly more than 2 weeks time!

If you'd like to know more about Wicket, feel free to join us! The meetup is in an informal setting, with over 35 attendees already, and will give you some fast-paced insight in what Wicket exactly is and how to use it.

Attending is simple: simply add your name to the wiki page and you're all set!
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/community-meetups.html
Thanks to our sponsors, the meetup is free for all.

We've been trying to make this meeting as low-barrier as possible, to give everyone an opportunity to dive into Wicket and get to know the people behind this excellent web framework.

See you all in Amsterdam on November 30th !

-- Arjé Cahn

---------------

Some background on the Wicket meetup:
The Amsterdam meetup is meant for everyone interested in Wicket, on all different expertise levels. If you want to get started with Wicket, or you need some more background information, are an expert committer, or even when you've never even touched a single line of code, you're more than welcome!

Ideas for sessions include:

- Ask-a-committer (bring your code and get some advice from the committers)
- Maurice Marrink: Help on Wicket stuff projects. If anyone has any questions / problems about / with wasp or swarm they can not / will not ask on the mailing list, they are free to ask me on the conference and I'll do my best assist them. If they bring there projects with them it will be even easier to do so.
- Martin Funk: I could throw in a 10 minute presentation about wicket-contrib-gmap2.
- Ate Douma: I can answer "Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask" about Wicket Portlet support, as well as provide a presentation/demo if there is enough interest for it
- Based on Ruby meetup successes, we could split the sessions in two: an Experienced track and a Beginners track, for those people that are interested in Wicket but need the right arguments to sell it to their bosses. Possibly rename this to "Is Wicket suitable for my CMS/Webapp/?".
- Wouter: I'd like a 'best practices' discussion on some of the topics that have passed on the list recently.
- codestr0m (C. Bergström): Put together a plan for a simple two node terracotta demo. If a real tc guru can come maybe some q/a

If you have any other ideas, feel free to add them to the list!