Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jia Zhou <jz...@prospricing.com> on 2009/08/18 17:38:21 UTC

autocreate multiple workspaces

Hello,

I'm adding a document repository to a system that has already used jackrabbit for a different purpose. So I need to add a new workspace to the existing repository. After checking various documents, I found out that there are two ways to add new workspaces for jackrabbit 1.5. I can either manually create the new workspace folder and copy the new workspace.xml file or programmatically get a JackrabbitWorkspace instance to invoke the createWorkspace() method. This seems very awkward approaches to me. Why doesn't jackrabbit support put multiple workspace config templates in the repository.xml config file so that jackrabbit can create all the workspaces at the first startup time? I'm wondering whether the 1.6 or 2.0 release provides alternative approaches to auto create multiple workspaces at the first startup time.

Thanks,
Jay