Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Reinhard Spisser <re...@gruppotc.com> on 2002/11/07 15:18:39 UTC

validate() in ActionForms

Hi all,

we're using Struts 1.1b2 to develop a Web Application.

we're having a  strange behaviour. One of our Actions (ModifyUser) works
as follows:

modifyuser.do
   - inizializes a new ModifyUserForm();
   - reads the data from db and fills out the  fields
   - puts the ModifyUserform() in session
   - forward to /jsp/user/modify/jsp.

After the user modifies some data and submits the form, the validate()
is called. As expected, struts shows the form if some errors occured;
but the form is not filled in with the latest modifications from the
user. Struts shows the form with the values from the bean inizialized in
modifyUser.do.

What is a correct solution for this?

Thanks

Reinhard

Re: validate() in ActionForms

Posted by Postfach 4711 <po...@gmx.de>.
Hello Reinhard,

is it possible that your form bean exists in different scopes?
Request and Session?

RS> Hi all,

RS> we're using Struts 1.1b2 to develop a Web Application.

RS> we're having a  strange behaviour. One of our Actions (ModifyUser) works
RS> as follows:

RS> modifyuser.do
RS>    - inizializes a new ModifyUserForm();
RS>    - reads the data from db and fills out the  fields
RS>    - puts the ModifyUserform() in session
RS>    - forward to /jsp/user/modify/jsp.

RS> After the user modifies some data and submits the form, the validate()
RS> is called. As expected, struts shows the form if some errors occured;
RS> but the form is not filled in with the latest modifications from the
RS> user. Struts shows the form with the values from the bean inizialized in
RS> modifyUser.do.

RS> What is a correct solution for this?

RS> Thanks

RS> Reinhard