Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/25 17:02:38 UTC

Is nexted selects supported by Cassandra JDBC??

Hi All,

Is nested select supported by Cassandra JDBC driver?

So for a simple example to get a list of user details from a users column family:

Select * from user_details where user_id in (Select user_id from users)

Thanks!
-Tony

Re: Is nexted selects supported by Cassandra JDBC??

Posted by Job M Thomas <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Please read the below blog

Cassandra : Sub-Query Implementation

http://cassandrapowerfulnosql.blogspot.in/2015/03/sub-query-in-
cassandra.html

Re: Is nexted selects supported by Cassandra JDBC??

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Yes, denormalization is usually the answer to the absence of sub-queries
(and joins for that matter) in Cassandra (though sometimes, simply doing 2
queries is fine, depends on your use case and performance requirements).

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.