Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Neeraj Makam <Ne...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/09 22:57:31 UTC

[Qpid-Jms-Client] How does the broker get to know whether durable-shared-subscription should be associated with the containerId or not?

Hi

Based on the spec of JMS 2.0, the clientId (which is set on the connection) is optional for shared durable subscription. And this was done so that multiple connections could talk to the same shared subscription.
But in QPID JMS Client, I see that we are always setting a containerId (auto-generating one if doesn't exist), which in turn corresponds to clientId.
At AMQP level, how do we distinguish between a containerId set automatically, v/s a client explicitly setting it?

In short, How does the broker get to know whether durable-shared-subscription should be associated with the containerId or not?

Thanks,
Neeraj Makam

Re: [Qpid-Jms-Client] How does the broker get to know whether durable-shared-subscription should be associated with the containerId or not?

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
I think all the details are in this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPIDJMS-220

-- Rob