Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/04 18:17:22 UTC

[JMeter - Configuration]

Hello All,

I'm new to Apache JMeter. I first downloaded this great product today and
tested with public websites and it worked like charm.

Now its my web application's turn.
I am working on an enterprise web application. I just want to start with
testing one JSP page of my web application which takes lot of time to load
(/WebApplicationName/PageToTest.do).

Here is the quick flow of web application load: When user first time sends
request for web application, then it passes thru a Central Authorization
System(CAS) which requires valid username and password. Then user's request
goes to proxy HTTP server, which is forwarded to SunOne Application Server
(web container<->EJB container<->Database).

When I try with different settings in Jmeter, it seems request is not
reaching to Application Server. I'm pretty much sure that this is
configuration issue as I don't know where to set proxy server/CAS
username/password.

This is users do in web browser:
========================

1. User send request

http://companydomain.com/WebApplicationName

2. if user is not logged in then will be directed to

https://sso-intranet.companydomain.com/cas/login?service=http://companydomain.com/WebApplicationName

where user has to provide username/password

3. with valid username and password, it loads the web application

Can you please help me where to set the above settings and CAS
authentication credentials in Jmeter.

Many thanks in advance,

Rahul

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks everyone for your reply.

I was able to solve it today after spending 2-3 hours...

I use HTTP proxy server and recorder, and a cookie manager. The specially
for Login page I had to extract the parameters (as there were some hidden
parameters like lt etc...) and use them while posing...

so in post i needed to have.. user id, password, event - submit.. and lt
etc.

It worked like a charm after..

Just a tip for new people like me... use HTTP Server proxy and a
recorder... specially for authentication page.

many thanks once again.

Rahul

Many thanks!

Rahul

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by CHARLES BAKER <ch...@clemson.edu>.

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by Shaba K <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hey there ...

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com>.
There are a couple of things to consider:

1) Most authentication systems use cookies, so if your app does, you'll need to add a "Cookie Manager" config element.

2) Some apps require hidden values in the POST attributes, so you need to make sure you include those too. It is usually best to add a "HTTP Proxy" (under the non-config elements), and record an actual session from your browser to make sure that you are setting up things the same way a browser would.

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by Sarah Pimentel <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [JMeter - Configuration]

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.