Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/24 07:40:57 UTC

Ignite configuration for starting in client mode

Hi,

I want to start ignite in tomcat container but in client mode.

Is it necessary to set cache configuration CacheConfiguration and
DataStorageConfiguration in IgniteConfiguration while starting the in
client mode?

Thanks,
Prasad

Re: Ignite configuration for starting in client mode

Posted by akurbanov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can omit cache configuration, in this case Ignite will pick default
configuration for caches you will create using
getOrCreateCache("CACHE_NAME").
If you want to enable Ignite Persistence, you have to set
DataStorageConfiguration at least to enable it with default configuration:
https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/v2.4/docs/ignite-persistent-store

Best regards,
Anton

Re: Ignite configuration for starting in client mode

Posted by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Prasad,

I think it is not necessary to setup cache configurations and/or data
storage config on the client node until you don't use local caches.
The most important things that you have to configure are
IgniteConfiguration#clientMode(true) [1] and Discovery SPI [2].

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers#section-configuring-clients-and-servers
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config

Thanks!