Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ma...@spe.sony.com on 2005/02/02 21:48:17 UTC

XML ---> PDF Japanese

I am creating XML files which in turn gets parsed through a FOP processor
to create PDF files. It works fine when the data is in English however for
Japanese
data all I get is a bunch of square boxes in place of Kanji fonts.

I have setup the Kanji fonts on my machine and also can view Japanese text
in my regular application with no problem. The problem is when the data
gets converted to XML and then to PDF...Somewhere the data is getting
messed up...

I checked the XML file and the japanese fonts are present without any
distortions. Check (See attached file: INJCV00444.xml)
Is the FOP parser messing things up?
Any idea whats happening ?
Thanks
Manoj

Re: XML ---> PDF Japanese

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.
Are you sure FOP is able to find your fonts?

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#fonts-not-found

Re: XML ---> PDF Japanese

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Check this out: http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#config-external

On 03.02.2005 00:28:24 Manoj_Nair wrote:
> My question is how would FOP on weblogic know how to use the new
> userconfig.xml file. I tried to add / update the MSGothic.xml /
> userconfig.xml in FOP.JAR but I get read/write permissions errors on the
> jar file. Let me know...

Jeremias Maerki

Re: XML ---> PDF Japanese

Posted by JB...@s-s-t.com.
Just a thought:
Did you set up the necessary font-metrics file? You can find an example
(called cid-fonts.fo) in the examples\fo\advanced (Windows) or
examples/fo/advanced (Linux or Unix) directory.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(on contract at Syngergistic Solution Technologies)