Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Antonio Mauriello <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/22 18:51:02 UTC

selecting more than one entry from AutoCompleteTextField dropdown

Hi All,

I have an AutoCompleteTextField element that using the
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior( "onchange" ) allows me to pass the
selection made from the dropdown to a WebMarkupContainer.

Now the issue I have is that I need to pass more than an entry to that
WebMarkupContainer, but when I click on the first item of the autocomplete
list (or I type Enter) the dropdown disappers (which is the default
behaviour..).

Is there a way to hold the dropdown visible even if I've clicked on one of
the items?

In the wicket-autocomplete.js I saw that after the KEY_ENTER event
hideAutoComplete() is called. Is there a way to override that behaviour?

Thanks,
Antonio

Re: selecting more than one entry from AutoCompleteTextField dropdown

Posted by Antonio Mauriello <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I had another look at wicket-autocomplete.js and it's clear there is no way
to hold the suggestion list visible once one of the item is selected.
(there is the call to hideAutocomplete() )

So at this stage my question is.. is there a way to load my own js file to
override the wicket-autocomplete.js?

In that way I can comment out the calls to hideAutocomplete() on KEY_ENTER
and onClick as well...

Thanks,
Antonio

Posted by Antonio Mauriello <an...@gmail.com>.