Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Garber <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/04 19:29:05 UTC

Problem deploying an app

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat (TC) 4.1.18 with Apache 2.0.43 with several virtual hosts.
I'm able to serve up plain old jsp files okay, but when I try to reference any
of the java code I've written I get a message like:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

The problem is my app 'classes' directory is not in the classpath.  How do I
get TC to recognize my app?  I've used the TC manager application to install it
and it shows as being loaded.  When I stop / start TC, my app is gone!  How do
I make it persistent?  Where does the manager app keep its data?  I 'thought' I
had added it to the server.xml file.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Frank

=====