Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/07/02 10:31:28 UTC

fixversion for unstable

We currently have 100+ issues scheduled for the next development
iteration which we aim at a 2 weeks cycle.

It's kind-of impossible we manage to close all of them and every time
there are bulk moves.

My suggestion would be to schedule them for 1.4 and either set 1.3.x
when fixed, or a smaller set that will actually be fixed. Of course it's
ok to have some moves around.

WDYT?

Davide

Re: fixversion for unstable

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
-1 to bulk moving them to 1.4. 1.4 would just become the new "black
hole". Instead (and as discussed) everyone should make an effort to
schedule the issues so they are spread across the 1.3.x release in a way
that seems realistic at the given time.

While just setting to 1.4 is convenient, it is not helpful for properly
prioritising the issues. Mind you that this is the situation we had with
1.2 where we had hundred of open issues no one ever looked at when the
1.2 release was due.

Michael