Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Neuenschwander <an...@andi.ch> on 2001/01/30 13:41:05 UTC

auth:taglib and Turbine Connection Pool

Hi,

I have a question about the auth:taglib.

Everything works well, but there is one thing I don't understand.

Why isn't it possible to use the Connection Pool from Turbine?

At the moment I must setup in the login.xml file the

<connection>
    <driver>...<driver>
    <username>...<username>
    <password>...<password>
    <dburl>...<dburl>
</connection>

all these parameters.

Is it possible to use the Turbine Connection Pool for the auth:taglib too?

.andi

Re: auth:taglib and Turbine Connection Pool

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Andreas Neuenschwander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the auth:taglib.
>
> Everything works well, but there is one thing I don't understand.
>
> Why isn't it possible to use the Connection Pool from Turbine?
>
> At the moment I must setup in the login.xml file the
>
> <connection>
>     <driver>...<driver>
>     <username>...<username>
>     <password>...<password>
>     <dburl>...<dburl>
> </connection>
>
> all these parameters.
>
> Is it possible to use the Turbine Connection Pool for the auth:taglib too?

First of all you should get the newest version, I just uploaded it, it
fixes some bugs. Also, the auth:fragment is not there anymore, look at
the samples how to achieve the same thing much easier now without
auth:fragment.

Then: why do you want to use the connection pool for authentication?
This is IMHO way too much overhead - it's ok to use it for regular
database database access, but auth just accesses the database once for
initial authentication (if you use authentication against a database,
not a file). So you create 50 connections for just logging in once -
surely that can't be right?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring