Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Prakash R <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/22 14:33:48 UTC

Running FOP without JRE

Is there a way to natively compile FOP so it can be
run on Windows without needing a JRE installed on the
system?

I'm trying to bundle FOP with a windows application
but the user of the application is not needed to have
JRE.

Thank you.
Prakash

Re: Running FOP without JRE

Posted by Dominic Br�gger <br...@puzzle.ch>.
We use the Nullsoft Scripable Install System to produce a
Windows-executable that installs our FOP-application together with a JRE.
The installation process is very easy and works perfect for our
purposes...

nsis.sourceforge.net/

RE: Running FOP without JRE

Posted by Kai Mütz <km...@web.de>.
Or alternatively: http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/ which is is free software
licensed under the GPL license.

Citation: "The executable can be configured to search for a certain JRE
version or use a bundled one."

Re: Running FOP without JRE

Posted by Johannes Künsebeck <hn...@gmx.de>.
Prakash R wrote:
> Is there a way to natively compile FOP so it can be
> run on Windows without needing a JRE installed on the
> system?
>
> I'm trying to bundle FOP with a windows application
> but the user of the application is not needed to have
> JRE.
>
> Thank you.
> Prakash

Re: Running FOP without JRE

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote on 03/22/2006 08:43:58:

> Not yet. I'm working on that in my free time but only at low priority.

Same here, but I just started.  Sounds like a fop-dev-native newsgroup to
me.

Re: Running FOP without JRE

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Not yet. I'm working on that in my free time but only at low priority.
But what you can do is bundle the JRE since it doesn't need to be
installed. I'm sure there are tutorials for that on the net.

On 22.03.2006 14:33:48 Prakash R wrote:
> Is there a way to natively compile FOP so it can be
> run on Windows without needing a JRE installed on the
> system?
>
> I'm trying to bundle FOP with a windows application
> but the user of the application is not needed to have
> JRE.

Jeremias Maerki