Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/21 09:51:03 UTC

CheckStyle and PMD plugins are problematic...

Hi guys,

yesterday, as I was trying to cut a release, I was blocked by the
checkstyle plugin, and the PMD plugin takes ages to generate the pages.

I will comment those plugins in the pom.xml files : know that we have
Sonar running at The ASF, we can get all the information we need
regarding the checkstyle and other tools, no need to run them on our
machines (see https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/114786).

thoughts ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: CheckStyle and PMD plugins are problematic...

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 06/21/2013 09:51 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> yesterday, as I was trying to cut a release, I was blocked by the
> checkstyle plugin, and the PMD plugin takes ages to generate the pages.
>
> I will comment those plugins in the pom.xml files : know that we have
> Sonar running at The ASF, we can get all the information we need
> regarding the checkstyle and other tools, no need to run them on our
> machines (see https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/114786).
>
> thoughts ?

That is totally fine, Sonar delivers enough insight.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: CheckStyle and PMD plugins are problematic...

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
My +1.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud