Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/02/28 22:06:56 UTC

Getting rid of CompositeComponentImpl

I think we can get rid of CompositeComponentImpl. Given the SCA 1.0
promotes syntax and the federated architecture being put in place it
won't serve any purpose. This relates to the refactoring I have been
doing to move Services and References to AtomicComponent. On slave
nodes, there is only a need to have Services, References, and
AtomicComponents as Services cannot be wired directly to References
and a composite Reference wired to composite Service will be
optimized away by the controller to be AtomicComponent-to-
AtomicComponent connections. There is only one case I can think of
where a "composite" artifact will be present on a slave node, namely
composite extensions. For example, the Spring extension will still
have a SpringCompositeComponent.

Let me know if I'm missing a case.

Jim