Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com> on 2013/01/30 15:53:17 UTC

proton bindings installation paths

I've been looking at where "make install" writes files to, and came across
something that seems like a wrinkle.  I'd like to get views on whether it's
worth fixing.

You can control the destination of most files using the
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX property.  However, it looks like the bindings
CMakeLists.txt files don't respect this.

For example, the Python bindings are installed to wherever the Python
expression "get_python_lib" evaluates to.  It looks like the Perl bindings
use a similarly non-overrideable location.

This is a minor irritation because I'd like to test "make install" without
affecting shared folders under /usr.  I'll raise a Jira to fix this...
unless there are any objections?

Cheers,
Phil

Re: proton bindings installation paths