Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Joe Consumer <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/21 16:47:22 UTC

SCP Ant Syntax (was Contributing to Optional Tasks)

Here would be the resulting syntax changes for scp:

<scp file="/home/dude/file1.txt"
tofile="someuser:somepwd@somehost:/home/dude2/file1.txt"
port="22" />

<scp todir="someuser:somepwd@somehost:/home/dude2/>
    <fileset basedir="/home/dude/src">
       <include value="**/*.java"/>
    </fileset>
</scp>

<scp file="someuser:somepwd@somehost:/home/dude2/*"
todir="/home/dude/" port="22"/>

If I understand, file, todir, and tofile could refer
to remote resources with the user:pwd@host syntax.

thanks
charlie

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: SCP Ant Syntax (was Contributing to Optional Tasks)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Joe Consumer <fa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I understand, file, todir, and tofile could refer
> to remote resources with the user:pwd@host syntax.

Could.

I'm not exactly sure, whether separate attributes for user and
password (especially if we want to support key authentication)
wouldn't be better.

Stefan