Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/07 05:26:06 UTC

Review request for patch attached to KAFKA-1836

Hello Kafka team,

I was just looking around some newbie bugs in the JIRA, during the
weekend, and decided to take up
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1836. I've a patch, which
I've attached to that JIRA a few days back, which I would like to be
reviewed. The patch handles the case where the awaitUpdate timeout value
for Metadata updates is lesser than or equal to 0. It also has the
documentation and config for metadata.fetch.timeout.ms property updated.
Finally it has a testcase which verifies this change.

Could one of you please take a look?

-Jaikiran

Re: Review request for patch attached to KAFKA-1836

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Sounds good, if you need access to Confluence send along your Confluence
username and I will grant you access if you need to update the document.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've now updated the patch submission page to include instructions for
installation on Debian based systems and also added an overview section
to help understand what the Kafka patch submission tool is for
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Patch+submission+and+review

-Jaikiran

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.