Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/03/21 17:44:03 UTC

Integration testing for clients

I'm looking into writing integration tests for our Hive processors in
Apache NiFi to be able to test against a "real" Hive Server 2, Hive
Metastore, etc.  I see in Hive 3.0 there's a MiniHMS and other test
classes, but I couldn't find them in a Maven repo anywhere.  Are there
artifacts published somewhere that I could use for integration
testing? If not, it might be a good idea to make those available for
Hive clients to test with, especially if it doesn't require a full
Hive install.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Integration testing for clients

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>.
I am for it, but we should be absolutely clear about them, that they will be changed on whim. :)

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Matt,