Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/06/11 19:54:11 UTC

Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora

Tim,

 This is great! I'll take a look at some of these patches, welcome!

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Arun!

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Arun!

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Arun!

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Alejandro.

comments inline below

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
suresh,

thanks for jumping in from webhdfs side.

apparently, the issues that were affecting us with jetty 6 have been address with newer jetty versions.

my take would be we move forward with the version change and we make sure webhdfs is not affected, do you have a test that exercises webhdfs under load? that would definitely help

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Alejandro.

comments inline below

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
[moving bigtop to bcc]

--
Alejandro

Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 8 July 2013 19:28, Tim St Clair <ts...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Arun,
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9680 / 9623

fixing S3 is something that is niggling me as something I want to sit down
and do once the Swift stuff is in -and once we've clarified some quirks w/
the FS API, and got some more FS contract tests.

There's been about 3 move to JetS3t 9 JIRAs, they'll need to be merged in,
along with a test that tries to do a many GB file upload; the kind of test
you'd only do in-EC2.

I'm certainly not going to go near this until august; if other people can
play with it too that'd be great -but it does need some good stressing.

Re: Bringing Hadoop to Fedora

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
[moving bigtop to bcc]

--