Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tolu Williams <to...@cultureshockmedia.com> on 2011/08/31 21:16:18 UTC

MyPortal Projects Tab

The /myportal app has a PROJECTS tab, I have created a customer and created a
project for the customer, i have given the customer a login to /myportal
app, can i show the project in that tab under /myportal application?

Thanks!

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
two recommendations
1) please include previous responses you will get a quicker response.
2) research each line item in the demo reference I gave you and
understand their importance.
I suggest you run a localhost copy to play with and put in each line
separately till you get it to work.

Tolu Williams sent the following on 9/7/2011 12:07 PM:

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by Tolu Williams <to...@cultureshockmedia.com>.

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you are right, Ofbiz OTTB is not meant to be a completed system.
Many areas are mostly complete, but many are not.
This is stated in the Documents.

It is meant to be a source for Providers to supply a customer after the
end Goal is defined, or someone that has spent the time learning ofbiz
so they can modify it to their needs.

Tolu Williams sent the following on 9/7/2011 10:47 AM:

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Not directly meant for you, but a Consultant should know ofbiz to the
level necessary to implement and support a client.
Your situation typifies why this is important.
You will find that ones that have this level of knowledge are busy
supporting their own client base.

PS I give you the direction to go

Tolu Williams sent the following on 9/7/2011 9:10 AM:

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
also
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/apache-ofbiz-service-providers.html

Hans Bakker sent the following on 9/7/2011 8:17 AM:

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Alternative ofbiz website: http://www.ofbiz.info
http://www.antwebsystems.com : Quality services for competitive rates.

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by Tolu Williams <to...@cultureshockmedia.com>.
Help Please, customer is getting anxious...

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by Tolu Williams <to...@cultureshockmedia.com>.
I just took a look now, it describes permissions for the myportal component
demo users, I already added the MYPORTAL_CUSTOMER to the user in my
situation.. I have assigned that same customer access to a project i
created. I assigned them as a "client billing" Common resource. Am i missing
something else?

Thanks.

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
have you looked at \specialpurpose\myportal\data\MyPortalDemoData.xml

Tolu Williams sent the following on 8/31/2011 12:16 PM:

Re: MyPortal Projects Tab

Posted by Tolu Williams <to...@cultureshockmedia.com>.
Guys, any help with this please?