Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:18:30 UTC

[Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Which tests fail?

- -- dims

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Dims,

I'll cut another version of Woden M8 as soon as you've got XmlSchema 1.4.2
ready. Let me know.

Lawrence

"John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>
04/16/2008 03:21 AM
Please respond to
commons-dev@ws.apache.org

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Dims,
Your XmlSchema fix worked. Woden now passes the W3C WSDL 2.0 tests that
were
failing with XmlSchema 1.4.1. Thanks.

John Kaputin.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Sounds good Dims. Thanks for the quick turnaround.
>
> Lawrence
>

> Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>
> 04/15/2008 11:54 AM
> Please respond to
> commons-dev@ws.apache.org

> axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
> commons-dev@ws.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org
> Subject
> Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

> Team,
>
> Once John confirms this works, i will post a XmlSchema 1.4.2 jar for
VOTE

http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Dims,

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Dims,

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |

http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has
no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null.
In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |

http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has
no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null.
In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |

http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has
no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null.
In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |
| http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null. In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |
| | On 4/15/08, John Kaputin (gmail) <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
| |> With XmlSchema 1.4.1 we are seeing a regression in the Woden test
| results
| |> for the W3C WSDL 2.0 test suite. We see 4 test cases fail which passed
| |> successfully when Woden was last tested with XmlSchema 1.3.1.  It
| seems to
| |> be related to chameleon includes (including a schema that has no
| TNS). In
| |> 1.3.1, no target namespace was represented in the XmlSchema object by a
| |> null. In 1.4.1 no target namespace is represented by the empty string
| "".
| |> This change in the representation of a missing target namespace is
| causing
| |> the regression in Woden.  I think the 1.3.1 behaviour was correct.  I
| don't
| |> think a missing TNS should be represented as an empty string. Can any
| |> XmlSchema devs shed more light on this?
| |>
| |> thanks,
| |> John Kaputin.

| |

Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |
| http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null. In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |
| | On 4/15/08, John Kaputin (gmail) <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
| |> With XmlSchema 1.4.1 we are seeing a regression in the Woden test
| results
| |> for the W3C WSDL 2.0 test suite. We see 4 test cases fail which passed
| |> successfully when Woden was last tested with XmlSchema 1.3.1.  It
| seems to
| |> be related to chameleon includes (including a schema that has no
| TNS). In
| |> 1.3.1, no target namespace was represented in the XmlSchema object by a
| |> null. In 1.4.1 no target namespace is represented by the empty string
| "".
| |> This change in the representation of a missing target namespace is
| causing
| |> the regression in Woden.  I think the 1.3.1 behaviour was correct.  I
| don't
| |> think a missing TNS should be represented as an empty string. Can any
| |> XmlSchema devs shed more light on this?
| |>
| |> thanks,
| |> John Kaputin.

| |

Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
| John,
|
| Please check this revision
|
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=648283
|
| and see if it works for you.
|
| -- dims
|
| John Kaputin (gmail) wrote:
| | Sorry, forgot to provide a test case:
| |
| |
| http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/Chameleon-1G/getBalance.wsdl

| |
| | The inlined schema in this WSDL2 doc includes another schema that has no
| | target namespace. In 1.3.1 this missing TNS was represented by a null. In
| | 1.4.1 it's an empty string.
| |
| | regards,
| | John Kaputin.
| |
| |
| | On 4/15/08, John Kaputin (gmail) <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
| |> With XmlSchema 1.4.1 we are seeing a regression in the Woden test
| results
| |> for the W3C WSDL 2.0 test suite. We see 4 test cases fail which passed
| |> successfully when Woden was last tested with XmlSchema 1.3.1.  It
| seems to
| |> be related to chameleon includes (including a schema that has no
| TNS). In
| |> 1.3.1, no target namespace was represented in the XmlSchema object by a
| |> null. In 1.4.1 no target namespace is represented by the empty string
| "".
| |> This change in the representation of a missing target namespace is
| causing
| |> the regression in Woden.  I think the 1.3.1 behaviour was correct.  I
| don't
| |> think a missing TNS should be represented as an empty string. Can any
| |> XmlSchema devs shed more light on this?
| |>
| |> thanks,
| |> John Kaputin.

| |

Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Please check this revision

and see if it works for you.

- -- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Please check this revision

and see if it works for you.

- -- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Please check this revision

and see if it works for you.

- -- dims

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Which tests fail?

- -- dims

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

John,

Which tests fail?

- -- dims

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
+1 from me too.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi dims:

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi dims:

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi dims:

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi
+1 for all

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Sounds good Dims. I'll pick up the release candidates and test in Woden.
>
> Lawrence
>

> Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>
> 04/09/2008 11:18 AM
> Please respond to
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org

> Axis developer list <ax...@ws.apache.org>, commons-dev@ws.apache.org,
> woden-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative
pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls
into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein

Re: [Axis2] Common VOTE for XmlSchema/Axiom/Neethi

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi