Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 02:15:34 UTC

Re: 4.2 VMware memory overcommit

Hi, did you figure this out?  It sounds like you are changing global
settings (mem.overprovisioning.factor) which I believe is not correct.
These settings exist in previous versions and (despite the name) are for
controlling reservations.  I believe the new overcommit settings are
configured at the cluster level.

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
I know this may sound silly, but I haven't found clear instructions on how
to setup CS 4.2 "without deb packages" can some provide me with some
insight on how to set it up.

Thank you