Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Guo, Weiping (Jim)" <wg...@avaya.com> on 2007/01/26 21:27:30 UTC

Create a proxy server over Tomcat

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a solution based on Tomcat, but I am not sure how much
efforts are needed. Can you give me some suggestions? Thanks.

What I need to do:

(1)     Get a HTTPRequest, then based on the URI and content to
determine the destination. It will be forwarded through a secured
tunnel;

(2)     For a HTTPS request. It will establish SSL over the tunnel,
forward it to the other end of the tunnel.

If this function is developed using Servlet, it is just too late, and it
seems have little control over the underlying connections. Therefore, I
want to have the requests forwarded before reaching 'servlet'. Is that
possible? Which module should I customize?

Thank you.

Guo

RE: Create a proxy server over Tomcat

Posted by "Guo, Weiping (Jim)" <wg...@avaya.com>.
Thanks.

I have been thinking about this too, but this is C code and I hate to
touch it.

Another important thing is I need a Routing table, which is configured
via web interface. If everything is Apache based, I may have to use PHP
or Tomcat separately to handle web interface. The data has to somehow to
pass to Apache server. It seems to legacy.

That is why I am thinking modifying Tomcat. Mission impossible?

Thank you.

Jim

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.