Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kencana <bl...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/28 09:17:30 UTC

Getting started with axis 2

Hi all,

I am a new bie in axis 2. I tried to create a services from a wsdl file.
however whenever i run the following command:
java -cp %axis2_cp% org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java -uri helloAxis2.wsdl -ss
-sd -s -d none

it always gave me this error message, Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/
wsdl/WSDL2Java.

what i did for the installation is:
1. extract the axis2-1.1.1 to c:/

2. create new environment variable for AXIS2_HOME with the value
c:/axis2-1.1.1

3. set the PATH variable value to %AXIS2_HOME%/bin

4. include the classpath (in the environment setting window) C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\lib

5. install the apache ant and set the environment variables, create the
axis2.war to the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps

6. restart the tomcat and run the axis2server.bat

am i missing something for the initial axis2 setup?or maybe there is several
things need to be done before creating
the service?

I wonder if there is a step by step tutorial about the usage of axis 2.

Thank you

Regards,
Kencana

Re: Getting started with axis 2

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Kencana,

To run wsdl2java;

Navigate to axis2_home/bin directory and execute wsdl2java as follows,

wsdl2java -uri <location of wsdl file> -o <out put folder for the
generated classes>

eg:- wsdl2java.bat -uri C:/webservice/wsdl/test.wsdl -o C:/output

Please refer http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/quickstartguide.html for
more information.

regards
Charitha