Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/17 09:16:12 UTC

Fwd: INFO REQUIRED : Display of Centos 7 RDP Machine in IE and EDGE

Hi Team,

I am using *Guacamole Server and Guacamole Client [ Latest from GIT ]* .

*RDP Machine*  : Centos 7

*FreeRDP Version* : 1.0.2

*Host Machine*  : Windows 10

ISSUE : * Screen size or Canvas is not drawn on the  full screen of the
browser in EDGE and IE for Centos  7 RDP machines. It show black background*
.

My findings are as follows :

1. If I am taking RDP of Centos 7 using Apache Guacamole in IE and EDGE,
then the screen size is not fit to the browser.

2. If I am, taking RDP of Windows 7, 8 or 10 using Apache Guacamole in IE
and EDGE, then the screen size fits to the browser.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh

Re: INFO REQUIRED : Display of Centos 7 RDP Machine in IE and EDGE

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike.

I will look into it.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 5:31 AM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Assuming you mean you are using XRDP on these CentOS desktops, you will
> need to look into how and whether you can configure XRDP to resize the
> screen upon connecting. Windows should generally always do this. XRDP,
> assuming it does support it, may take some doing.

I'd be a little surprised if XRDP supports this - XRDP generally uses VNC
on the back-end to actually render the desktop, and I do not believe VNC
supports it, at least, many versions of VNC do not.  I could be mistaken,
but that's my recollection right now.

-Nick

Re: INFO REQUIRED : Display of Centos 7 RDP Machine in IE and EDGE

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.