Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Neo Qing <ne...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 07:26:17 UTC

Use zookeeper as Load Blancer

Hi,There
  I'm new to zookeeper, currently I'm working on a project, I have a
cluster of server, client need to connection server (TCP/IP), and we need
to keep the connection long live.
  To do the fail over and load balance , I was wondering whether zookeeper
can handle this case, especially for long live connection.
  thanks in advance.

Neo

Re: Use zookeeper as Load Blancer

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
FYI Curator comes with a Service Discovery recipe.

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

Posted by Neo Qing <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Germán Blanco:

Posted by Neo Qing <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Bahman:
 Yes, you are absolutely right, that's I'm looking for :)

Neo

Posted by Bahman Kalali <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by German Blanco <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello Neo Qing,

Posted by Neo Qing <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Jordan:
    Yes,I'm also trying to learn ribbon, and compare ribbon and norbert,
which one is more applicable for us, thanks a lot.

Neo

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: Use zookeeper with Cassandra

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks for the clear and concise explanation!  I'll check out the
slides.

Brian

--
http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Use zookeeper with Cassandra

Posted by Ben Bangert <be...@groovie.org>.

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.

--
http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Use zookeeper with Cassandra

Posted by Ben Bangert <be...@groovie.org>.

Posted by Dilip Kumar <Di...@hcl.com>.
Thanks Kim. I am using Hector API. My manager  is asking to integrate Zookeeper with Cassandra. I am exploring possibilities and benefit of this integration.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Dilip Kumar

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Astayanx can do it too :)

Posted by Owen Kim <oh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neo Qing <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Camille:
     Yes, actually when I research ZooKeeper, I also found norber, I'm
trying to learn it, if it can be used in our scenario, that's really
wonderfully, thanks a lot.

Neo

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.