Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2011/07/07 22:49:25 UTC

Exposing IOSession time values

Hi All

The IOSessionImpl maintains the session established and last read/write
times which would be valuable for connection debugging especially on a
timeout or disconnection. Will there be any objections to making the
following methods public?

thanks
asankha

     synchronized long getStartedTime() {
         return this.startedTime;
     }

     synchronized long getLastReadTime() {
         return this.lastReadTime;
     }

     synchronized long getLastWriteTime() {
         return this.lastWriteTime;
     }

     synchronized long getLastAccessTime() {
         return this.lastAccessTime;
     }

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Exposing IOSession time values

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
On 07/08/2011 01:44 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> IOSession is a central interface in the HttpCore API. This change will
> break a lot of applications, those that decorate IOSession to add
> session level logging in particular.
>
> Could you live with moving those methods to an optional interface,
> IOSessionTimeInfo or some such?
Hi Oleg

Oh.. I thought you meant it maybe good to update the IOSession as well..
I am fine just adding it to IOSessionImpl, so will revert the change on
the interface accordingly

thanks
asankha

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 08:26 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> On 07/08/2011 03:51 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 02:19 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> The IOSessionImpl maintains the session established and last read/write
> >> times which would be valuable for connection debugging especially on a
> >> timeout or disconnection. Will there be any objections to making the
> >> following methods public?
> >>
> > Not at all. Would you also need those methods exposed in the IOSession
> > interface?
> I think that would be a good change on the trunk.. However, I will
> update only IOSessionImpl in the 4.1.x branch
>
> thanks
> asankha

Asankha

IOSession is a central interface in the HttpCore API. This change will
break a lot of applications, those that decorate IOSession to add
session level logging in particular.

Could you live with moving those methods to an optional interface,
IOSessionTimeInfo or some such?

Oleg

Re: Exposing IOSession time values

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.